The P.8 represented an attempt on the part of Zygmunt Pulawski and his assistant, Wsiewolod Jakimiuk, to establish new standards in aerodynamic cleanliness and fighter performance. It combined a wing that was fundamentally similar to that of the P.6 and P.7 with a liquid-cooled engine and a new fuselage of improved fineness ratio covered by smooth duralumin skinning. Armament comprised the standard twin 7.92mm machine guns. The first prototype was destroyed in an accident in July 1932 at Innsbruck, and the P.8/II was displayed some months afterwards at the 1932 Paris Salon, but development had already been discontinued in favour of the radial-engined P.11.
Empty weight: 1102 kg / 2430 lb
Wingspan: 10.50 m / 34 ft 5 in
Length: 7.56 m / 25 ft 10 in
Height: 2.75 m / 9 ft 0 in
Wing area: 18.00 sq.m / 193.75 sq ft
Max. speed: 350 km/h / 217 mph
Range: 500 km / 311 miles