Potez (CAMS) 141
The acquisition by Potez in 1933 of Chantiers Aero-Maritimes de la Seine (CAMS) brought increased interest in the development of maritime aircraft, and the Potez (CAMS) 141 was designed to meet an official requirement for a maritime reconnaissance flying-boat. A large-span monoplane wing was carried on a faired superstructure above the hull, to which it was braced on each side by large N-struts. A stabilising float was strut-mounted beneath each wing, and the two-step all-metal hull carried at the rear a twin fin-and-rudder tail unit. Carrying a crew of nine to 12, the 41m span Potez 141 was powered by four 694kW Hispano-Suiza 12Y-26/27 Vee engines in wing-mounted nacelles. First flown on 21 January 1938, successful testing led to large orders, but changing policies and the development of World War II meant that no production aircraft were built.
Max take-off weight: 25900 kg / 57100 lb
Max. speed: 320 km/h / 199 mph
Bomb load: 1500kg