The Piaggio P.2 was the first original design for the company by Giovanni Pegna. Constructed at the Sestri Ponente (Genoa) works in 1923, it was a cantilever low-wing monoplane single-seat fighter with a semi-monocoque fuselage and fixed, divided landing gear. Twin radiators for the 224kW Hispano-Suiza engine were mounted on the fuselage sides just forward of the pilot's open cockpit, and armament comprised twin synchronised Vickers 7.62mm machine-guns.
Engine: 224kW Hispano-Suiza
Wingspan: 10.5 m / 34 ft 5 in
Armament: 2 x Vickers 7.62mm machine-guns