Main Menu

Phelps Monoplane #1 / Z-281
 
Eber H Van Valkenberg Aircraft Co began building a three seat monoplane with side-by-side seating in a rear cabin and a forward cockpit that could be open or enclosed. It was sold to Dr Leland E Phelps of Toledo c.1928, who rebuilt and expanded the plane as a four place cabin. Designed by Dimas Ybarra using parts, instruments, etc, of the first plane, they built a new fuselage and wing, and received the same registration of NX4919 c/n 281. The old wing was destroyed and he gave the old fuselage to the Toledo Aviation Club for use in class work. It was never flown when called the Van Valkenberg.
 
Licensed as Phelps Monoplane #1 and also seen as Phelps Z-281, the registration was canceled on 10 September 1930.
 
Van Valkenberg
Engine: Ryan-Siemens SH-13, 70hp
Wingspan: 38'7"
Length: 24'7"
Seats: 3
 
Phelps
Wingspan: 41'6"
Length: 27'3"
Seats: 4
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.