Main Menu

Rogožarski AŽR
 
Rogo-AZR-01
 
The Rogožarski AŽR (Serbian Cyrillic: Рогожарски АЖР) was a single-engined, two-seat biplane aircraft designed as a trainer in Yugoslavia before World War II. It was designed by Viljem Šuster and built at the Rogožarski factory in Belgrade.
 
The aircraft was a biplane with the lower wing smaller than the upper. It was equipped with a seven-cylinder Walter Castor air-cooled radial engine of 240 hp and a wooden double-bladed propeller. The plane had dual controls, the two crew (pilot and flight instructor), sat one behind the other. It was to be employed as an intermediate trainer, replacing the outdated Hansa-Brandenburg C.I. The fuselage, which was of rectangular cross-section, was made of wood and covered with plywood. The wings had rounded ends, each was connected by a pair of metal struts and wire tensioners. Construction of the wing involved the use of wood covered with canvas. The landing gear was fixed and had no axle.
 
The first flight was conducted by a factory test pilot on November 5, 1930 and after the completion of factory tests, was handed over to the Yugoslav Royal Air Force Commission for testing.
 
The AZR was planned to replace the obsolete Hansa Brandenburg aircraft in the future. However, the flight characteristics were lower than the requirements, and they refused mass production.
 
Rogo-AZR-02
 
The aircraft was only used in 1931 for advertising purposes, demonstration flights and participation in air shows. It also competed in the King's Cup and the like; AZR still hoped to come to some arrangement with the military. This did not happen, Rogozarski withdrew from aircraft design, the prototype was registered as a civilian plane and used by the factory. It received the civil registration UN-PAU. In the meantime, the economic situation was such that the AŽR was standing in its hangar, waiting for better days; despite bank loans, there was a distinct lack of orders and the company went bankrupt in 1933.
 
Rogo-AZR-03
 
Circumstances improved in the summer of 1934 when the Yugoslav Air Force bought the AZR and the fortunes of the factory improved, becoming a shareholder company. The AŽR was used as a trainer until 1937.
 
Engine: 1 × Walter Castor 7-cyl radial, 176 kW (236 hp)
Propellers: 2-bladed
Wingspan: 10.55 m (34 ft 7 in)
Wing area: 27.00 sq.m (290.6 sq ft)
Length: 7.55 m (24 ft 9 in)
Height: 3.05 m (10 ft 0 in)
Empty weight: 859 kg (1,894 lb)
Gross weight: 1,433 kg (3,159 lb)
Maximum speed: 215 km / h
Cruising speed: 185 km / h
Range: 745 km (463 mi; 402 nmi)
Service ceiling: 5,320 m (17,450 ft)
Rate of climb: 4.78 m/s (941 ft/min)
Crew: 2
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.