St. Louis PT-LM-4
The 1940 PT-LM-4 was a low-wing, open cockpit, tandem seat, trainer with conventional landing gear, powered by a 180 hp (134 kW) Ranger 6-440C-3 engine. The fuselage was constructed of welded steel tubing with aluminum skins. The wings used aluminum construction with aircraft fabric covering.
The St. Louis PT-LM-4 was a primary trainer designed for use in the Civilian Pilot Training Program of World War II. Fairchild won the training contract, with St. Louis Aircraft Company building licensed versions of the PT-19 instead. Only one, NX25500, was ever built.
Engine: 1 × Ranger 6-440C-3, 180 hp (130 kW)
Length: 24 ft 9 in (7.54 m)
Wingspan: 30 ft (9.1 m)
Height: 7 ft 10 in (2.39 m)
Wing area: 157 sq ft (14.6 m2)
Gross weight: 2,012 lb (913 kg)
Maximum speed: 119 kn; 220 km/h (137 mph)
Cruise speed: 109 kn; 201 km/h (125 mph)
Stall: 55 mph
Range: 345 mi
Service ceiling: 18,000 ft (5,500 m)
Rate of climb: 1,000 ft/min (5.1 m/s)