Spartan S.5 Clipper
H.E. Broadsmith designed the Clipper as a two-seater; he employed the outer wings of the Monospar ST-4. Spartan Aircraft Limited built one example at their East Cowes works in 1932. The aeroplane was initially fitted with a 75-hp Pobjoy R motor. Registered G-ACEG it flew for the first time on 14 December 1932. After modification to undercarriage, cabin glazing and cowling, it received a Certificate of Airworthiness on 29 June 1933.
In 1933 the Clipper was raced in the King's Cup Race.
In 1938, it was re-engined with a Pobjoy Niagara III of 90-hp, after which it was used as a company hack until 4 May 1942, when it was destroyed in an air raid on Cowes.
Engine: 1 × Pobjoy R, 75 hp (56 kW)