Stampe et Vertongen S.V.4
Georges Ivanow was asked in 1932 to study a new aircraft, which resulted in the SV4, an open-cockpit 2-seat training biplane of wood and fabric construction. The prototype flew first on May 13, 1933 and the aircraft entered production. May 10, 1940 the factory was bombed by the Luftwaffe and destroyed.
The SV-4 was redesigned and produced in France from 1945 till 1950, under licence by SNCAN - Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronatiques du Nord.
The SV-4C is a French license-built version of the Belgian primary trainer also manufactured in Algeria. More than 900 were built, with a 140-hp Renault engine.
Rollason started importing former military Stampe SV-4Cs (Renault-powered), restoring and converting them to SV-4B status by replacing the Renault with the Gipsy Major of the Tiger.