Societe Nationale de Constructions Aeronautiques Du Sud Est SE 2010 Armagnac
In 1946 in France, plans were drawn for three new aircraft including the Sud-Est 2010, for 150 passengers, with delivery at the end of 1948. Fifteen SE 2010s had been ordered for delivery at the end of 1948. However, it was 2 April 1949 before the aircraft, christened the Armagnac, made its maiden flight. Powered by four 3,500-hp Pratt & Whitney Wasp Majors, this was designed to carry 64 passengers (with bunks) on the South and North Atlantic routes, or 107 on shorter runs. Air France, however, refused the aircraft on the grounds that bunks were no longer required, and there was therefore excessive space in the fuselage. Four were bought by Transports Aériens Intercontinentaux for freighting, but after only eight months this company decided that they were not economical. In 1954 they were overhauled and used to transport troops and supplies from Toulouse to fight the war in Indo-China. A further five were also used for this purpose.
Engines: 4 x Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Wasp Major, 3500 hp
Pax cap: 150