Nicholas-Beazley NB-8 / NB-8G / NG-8G / NM-8G
The NB-8 was a light parasol wing monoplane designed by Tom Kirkup and built by the Nicholas-Beazley Airplane Company at its factory in Marshall, Missouri. The first of 58 examples flew in 1931, and most are powered by the Armstrong-Siddeley Genet Mark II engine of 80 hp (60 kW). Initially a 36 hp Aeronca two-cylinder engine powered the aircraft, subsequently a 45 hp Szekely engine was fitted, while the final choice was an 80 hp Armstrong Siddeley Genet Mk.II. Some were later fitted with the 80 hp (60 kW) Lambert engine.
The aircraft has a high strut-mounted parasol wing that can be folded to reduce hangarage space required and to permit towing by road. The two crew seats are arranged side-by-side. Initially the cockpit was open, but some examples later had an enclosure fitted.
The NB-8G was advertised for sale at $1,790. The 'G' in the designation originally indicated installation of the A-W Genet radial engine. It was fully aerobatic. 58 examples were purchased, mainly by private pilot owners in the United States. Production ceased in 1935. The 58 aircraft of the type produced were: 1 NB-8, 54 NB-8G's, 1 NG-8G, and 2 NM-8G's.
Six examples were still extant in 2009, with at least two being fully airworthy. Examples of these can be viewed at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome museum in New York State, and the Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum at Creve Coeur airfield near St Louis Missouri.
N576Y (cn K-18) 1931-built single-seat parasol-winged light aircraft maintained
airworthy at Old Rhinebeck. The aircraft is exhibited with its wings folded.