New Standard D25
In 1928 the Gates-Day Aircraft Corporation became New Standard Aircraft Corporation, and the following year produced the White New Standard D-25 tandem, open-cockpit four-seat biplane, developed from the Gates-Day GD-24.
With the pilot seated behind and four passengers in front, all in open cockpits, it is a large biplane by any standards.
Designed by Charles H Day, production of D-25s began at the Gates Day plant at Peterson, New Jersey in 1928 and when production ceased two years later about 65 of the type had been delivered - a few were built during the 1930s as crop dusters.
Jones Aircraft Corp was formed in 1935 by Ben Jones after acquiring rights in D-25 biplane previously built by the New Standard Aircraft Company. Jones built 10 of these in 1938, in factory at Schenectady, New York.