First flown in January 1935, the F.N.305 training, touring and sporting aeroplane had single or tandem seating under a large glasshouse canopy and, with a 149-kW (200-hp) Fiat A.70S radial, attained a fair level of performance thanks to its retractable landing gear. Several one--off variants were produced before Piaggio started building the F.N.305A two-seat version with the Alfa-Romeo 115 inline. The type was used by the Italian air force as a tighter trainer and liaison aeroplane. Between 1937 and 1943 production totalled 258 including small numbers of the F.N.305B and F.N.305C single-seaters with open and enclosed cockpits respectively.
Powerplant: l x Alfa-Romeo 115-1, 142kW (190 hp)
Span: 8.47m (27ft 9.5in)
Length: 7m (22 ft 11.5 in)
Armament: 1 or 2 x 7.7-mm (0.303-in) mg
Max T/O weight: 900kg (1,9841b)
Max speed: 193 mph
Operational range: 311 miles.