Monocoupe Monoprep G / Monosport G
Mooney, while working for Monocoupe, designed the Monoprep G which was a low‑wing monoplane with an open cockpit, seating two side‑by‑side. Given a cabin enclosure it became the Monosport G and was to have gone into production in October 1935, but financial problems prevented this.
One was built in 1935, registered NX11791. Power was a 90 Lambert.
Al Mooney left Monocoupe and bought the design and production rights from Lambert Aircraft. He teamed up with K K Culver and they formed the Dart Aircraft Co at Port Columbus, Ohio. Several uncompleted airframes were modified to produce an improved version to be known as the Dart.