Miller Aircraft Corp Zeta Z-2
In 1936 Miller Aircraft Corporation built a side-by-side sport plane (NX1331) with a 125 hp Menasco C-4 engine. Designed by Howell “Pete” Miller, Granville Brothers’ chief engineer, and built by Mark Granville. It was named "Zeta" because Miller's fraternity at NYU was Zeta Psi.
The plane's first flight was made on 11 December 1937.
No market was found, so Mark Granville and his wife used it for short pleasure trips until W.W.II restrictions on private aircraft forced the plane into retirement with only 200 hours logged.
The dismantled plane was found in a barn, refurbished and donated to the Springfield Science Museum in 1978.