Designeded to meet the requirements of the 1925 C2 programme calling for a night/day two-seat fighter and reconnaissance aircraft, the P.L.6 C2 was a single-bay biplane powered by a 500hp Hispano-Suiza 12Hb twelve-cylinder Vee-type water-cooled engine. It carried an armament of two fixed forward-firing Vickers guns and two Lewis guns on a ring mounting in the rear cockpit.
The P.L.6 prototype entered flight test in 1926 and was displayed at the Salon de l'Aeronautique of that year in Paris. The P.L.6 was in competition with the Avimeta 88, the Mureaux 3 and 4, the Bleriot-SPAD 60, the Villiers 24 and the Wibault 12. In the event, the C2 programme was abandoned in 1928, and further development of the P.L.6 was discontinued.
Max take-off weight: 2175 kg / 4795 lb
Empty weight: 1350 kg / 2976 lb
Wingspan: 12.20 m / 40 ft 0 in
Length: 8.75 m / 28 ft 8 in
Height: 3.10 m / 10 ft 2 in
Wing area: 40.00 sq.m / 430.56 sq ft
Max. speed: 215 km/h / 134 mph
Range: 700 km / 435 miles