Main Menu

Meckler-Allen New York hydro-biplane
 
 Meckler-1912
 
The Meckler-Allen airplane was built by Allen Canton and John J. Meckler in 1912 for an attempt to make a transatlantic flight. At the time it was the largest airplane in the world, measuring 104 ft long, and 76 ft across. It had a long triangular fuselage, an auxiliary wing between the main biplane cell and the biplane tail, twenty-two tanks of gasoline, five engines and miles of rigging wires. It was constructed out in the open, at a place called Clason Point in the South Bronx of New York City, on the waterfront of the East River opposite LaGuardia Airport.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.