Main Menu

Nelson No. 4 float biplane
 
 Nelson-4-01
 
The Nels Nelson No. 4 was built in the winter of 1911-12 as a Kirkham engined landplane and fitted with the float in the summer of 1912 - first flight as a floatplane in August. It was flown in both forms but later in 1912 Nelson made further changes and converted it to a permanent wheeled configuration. It was in this form that it was sold to Prof. Charles Swartz, Mgr. of the Aeroplane Exhibition Co. Humboldt, Tenn., who promptly wrecked it.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.