Martin 1913 Pusher
In 1905, young Glenn Martin founded an automobile repair shop. Like many other early aero pioneers, he used the profits from this practical endeavour to support his addiction to the airplane. In 1908, he rented an abandoned Methodist church in Santa Ana, California and built a pusher biplane.
The two place Pusher was powered by a 60-100hp Hall-Scott and featured tricycle gear and twin tail booms. Cost was $5,000.