Main Menu

Klemperer-Friedrich-Tirnstein Ente

Klemp-Ente
 
W. Klemperer and a group of friends had built around 90 flying models since high school years in Germany, several of them canards, powered by compressed gas engines. In 1911 they started on a full-scale machine with 22 sq.m of wing area. Construction was started at the "Schiffswerft" in Uebigau a.d. Elbe and completed in Chemnitz and Altchemnitz. At Christmas 1913 it was ready to roll and after various ground tests it was flown in the spring of 1914 by LVG pilot E. Kunze. Problems with the quickly wearing 55 hp Haacke engine and high weeds on the airfield caused difficulties, but finally some flights confirmed the designers' expectations of stability, ease of control, pleasant flight characteristics and extremely easy landing. Just after these first encouraging successes, the outbreak of war put an end to their experiments.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.