Fowler-Gage NASM restoration with OX-5
Four or five 1912 Fowler-Gage were built for exhibition pilots Robert Fowler (aka Fowler-Gage with 80hp Hall-Scott A-3, occasionally on floats), Roy Francis, Phil Parmalee, and J Clifford Turpin.
The design was carried forward to the twin-prop Patterson-Francis.
The Fowler-Gage was donated to Smithsonian in 1950 and restored for display by NASM in 1988.
Engine: 60-80hp Hall-Scott A-2/-3
Wingspan: (upper) 41'0" to 42'8"
Wingspan: (lower) 30'0"
Speed: 60 mph