Albatros G.II / G.III
The G.II prototype first flew in mid-1916 and G.III entered service in Macedonia and elsewhere in the following year. Armament comprised two Parabellum machine-guns - one each in nose and rear cockpits - plus 320kg of bombs.
A medium bomber powered on the G.III limited production version by two 164kW Benz Bz.IVa pusher engines mounted on the lower wings. The trailing-edges of the inner sections of the lower wings were cut away to allow the engines and propellers to be fitted further forward on the wings than would otherwise be possible.
Engine: 2 x Benz Bz IVa, 147kW
Wingspan: 18.0 m / 59 ft 1 in
Length: 11.9 m / 39 ft 1 in
Height: 4.2 m / 13 ft 9 in
Wing area: 79.0 sq.m / 850.35 sq ft
Take-off weight: 3150 kg / 6945 lb
Empty weight: 2064 kg / 4550 lb
Max. speed: 150 km/h / 93 mph
Range w/max.fuel: 600 km / 373 miles