The Albatros production of the C.X model supplanted the earlier C-series by improved aerodynamic design and powerplants.
The C.X was fitted with the newly-designed Mercedes D.IVa engine that improved performance and reliability. The C.X would be fielded in the Front from the summer of 1917 onwards.
The C.X biplane sat two crewmembers back-to-back in the cockpit area. The pilot was positioned at front, offering up a traditional field of view under and behind the top wing system and behind the engine. An observer/rear gunner manned a ring-mounted array of 7.5mm Parabellum machine guns. Additional stores in the way of light bombs could also be carried.
As successful as the C.X was in the reconnaissance role, the C.X was replaced with the C.XII.
Engine: 1 x Mercedes D.IVa, 240 hp
Length: 30.02ft (9.15m)
Wingspan: 47.11ft (14.36m)
Height: 11.15ft (3.40m)
Empty Weight: 3,677lbs (1,668kg)
Maximum Speed: 109mph (175kmh; 94kts)
Service Ceiling: 16,404ft (5,000m)
Armament: 2 x 7.5mm Parabellum machine guns in ring-mounted rear cockpit position.