Aerocentre SNCAC NC.600
Derived from the Hanriot H.220, and after a major redesign as the H.220-2, was displayed statically as the NC 600 in July 1939 at the Salon de l'Aeronautique held in Brussels. The genuine NC 600 differed from the H.220-2 in having, a number of changes, including a revised wing. The wing of the NC 600 had three degrees of leading edge taper and perpendicular spars (span and area remaining unchanged). Although the H.220-2 had not overcome the airflow turbulence generated by the wing centre section bracing struts which produced serious tail buffet under certain conditions, the SNCA du Centre retained this feature for the NC 600, which flew for the first time on 15 May 1940.
This aircraft, which introduced raised aft fuselage decking, redesigned endplate fins and rudders, and a raised tail assembly, was powered by two Gnome-Rhone 14M0/01 Mars radials each rated at 710hp for take-off. Armament was two 20-mm HS 404 cannon plus two 7.5mm MAC 1934 machine guns firing forward and a 20mm weapon on a flexible mounting firing aft, this partially retracting into a slot in the fuselage decking. The NC 600 was proposed as a two-seat fighter, and six were under construction when Germany occupied Bourges. Further development was then abandoned when the SNCAC former Hanriot factory at Bourges was chosen to build Breguet 696.
Engines: 2 x Gnome-Rhone 14M0/01 Mars radial, 710hp
Take-off weight: 4000 kg / 8819 lb
Empty weight: 2948 kg / 6499 lb
Wingspan: 12.8 m / 42 ft 0 in
Length: 8.80 m / 29 ft 10 in
Height: 3.40 m / 11 ft 2 in
Wing area: 21.16 sq.m / 227.76 sq.ft
Max. speed: 542 km/h / 337 mph
Range: 860 km / 534 miles