Société Anonyme des Aeroplanes Morane-Saulnier
Societe d'Exploitation Etablissements Morane-Saulnier
Société Anonyme des Aeroplanes Morane-Saulnier was established in 1911, by brothers Robert and Leon Morane and Raymond Saulnier at Puteaux, Seine, France.
Developed series of parasol-winged fighters and training aircraft, beginning with 1913 Type L or MS.3; principal production aircraft throughout 1920s and 1930s included MS.130, MS.230, and MS.315 two-seat trainers. Series of single-seat monoplane fighters introduced from 1935, including MS.406s built for French Air Force up to Occupation; development of basic design continued by Morane-Saulnier design bureau and derived MS.450 built by Dornier Werke AG in Switzerland as D-3802A.
Also built Fieseler Storch for Germans as MS.500 Criquet. After liberation developed MS.470 series of advanced trainers, several light aircraft and then MS.733 Alcyon basic trainer. MS.760 Paris introduced into French Air Force service in 1958. MS.880 Rallye touring aircraft first flown June 10,1959.
Societe D'exploitation Des Etablissements Morane-Saulnier was the provisional name for the Morane-Saulnier company after it had been acquired in 1963 by the Potez Group. MS760 Paris jet-propelled communications aircraft was developed further into 6-seat Paris III of 1964. Production also included Rallye-Club, Super-Rallye and Rallye Commodore, the latter first flown in February 1964 after formation of SEEMS.
Reorganized as Gerance des Etablissements Morane-Saulnier in May 20,1965, subsidiary of Sud Aviation.