Based at Johannisthal, Berlin; one of the largest German aircraft companies during First World War. Built Farmans under license, its own first design being the B.1 of 1913. An efficient aircraft remaining in service for observation and training for some years, it was the forerunner of all German two-seat observation aircraft of 1914-1918. Developed lengthy series, including very popular C.V and C.VI as well as prototype fighters and bombers. Converted several postwar for service with civil airlines.