Lipnur Aircraft Industry
Departemen Agkatan Udara Repubuk Indonesia, Lembagaindustri Penerbangan Nurtanio
Lembaga Persiapan Industri Penerbangan
Lembaga Persiapan Industn Penerbangan
Air Force Base
In 1953, the Indonesian Air Force began the development of a series of light combat and training aircraft at its research, development and production depot near Bandung.
The first was a single-seat light ground support aircraft named the Sikumbang, of which two prototypes were built.
It has been followed by the Belalang, a major conversion of the Piper L-4J, and an ultralight single-seater called the Kunang.
The Belalang was in production at the depot in 1961, which was renamed the Lembaga Persiapan Industri Penerbangan (Institute for the Preparation of an Aircraft Industry) in August 1961.
Formed at Bandang in 1966 from the Institute for Aero Industry Establishment. LIPNUR built a prototype series of light aircraft and from 1963 began production under license of the Polish PZL 104 utility aircraft under the name of Gelatik (Rice Bird). It was hoped to assemble DH Canada Otters at the Institute.
Also manufactures the LT-200, a modified Pazmany PL-2 light aircraft, for military and civil training.