Dr Ing Hanns Klemm (1885-1961) was an eminent pioneer in the development of light aircraft. During the First World War he worked with Zeppelin, Dornier and Hansa und Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke, and later with Daimler, for whom he designed biplanes and monoplanes, including fighters. After the war he concentrated on light and economical aircraft, sometimes called Daimler-Klemm. L15 of 1919 was originally a glider, though later powered, but had high wing. True precursor of the classic Klemm low-powered two-seat line of low-wing monoplanes was L20 of 1924. In December 1926 Leichtflugzeugbau Klemm GmbH was formed (notably associated with Bb'blingen), and L 25 was produced from 1927 with many types of engine, consolidating Klemm's reputation. K131 and K132 of early 1930s were cabin types. Part of Klemm became Halle in 1934. Company renamed Hans Klemm Flugzeugbau August 1938, and was then making K135 cranked-wing tourer/trainer series for Luftwaffe and export. In new type-number series built Kl 105-107. During Second WorldWar contributed to military-aircraft production, afterwards Klemm revived Kl 107 three-seat cabin model. Klemm joined Siebel in 1940.
Production ended November 1957.