Main Menu

Gyrodyne Co of America Inc


Known originally as P. C. Helicopter Corporation, the Gyrodyne Company was incorporated in New York in August 1946 for the development of advanced rotary-wing aircraft. Bought a five-seat coaxial design from defunct Helicopters Inc., and developed it into the G.C.A.2. Projected G.C.A.7 Helidyne with stub wings and two engines with pusher propellers mounted above wings. One-man portable helicopter, XRON-1 Rotocycle, developed for U.S. Navy Bureau of Aeronautics in mid-1950s, plus some ground-cushion vehicles.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.