de Havilland Australia
Formed 1927 at Melbourne, the first overseas holding by DH, as service agent, assembling imported Moths. Moved to Sydney in 1929. Between 1939 and 1942 built 1,085 Tiger Moths and 87 Dragons; 212 Mosquitoes (1942-1947); 120 Vampires (1948-1961). Local designs were the DHA G2 troop-carrying glider and the post-war DHA 3 Drover three-engined transport. Acquired CAC Lidcombe (1959); Bristol Aeroplane Company (Australia) Pty. Ltd. (1962); Fairey Aviation Company of Australia Pty. Ltd. (1963). In 1960 became Australian Hawker Siddeley Company, the name changing in 1963 to Hawker de Havilland Australia Pty. Ltd.