Main Menu

EAY / Empresa Aeronáutica Ypiranga
 
Empresa Aeronáutica Ypiranga (EAY) is a Brazilian company created in São Paulo in 1931 on the initiative of the American Orthon Hoover, the Brazilian Henrique Dumont Villares and the German Fritz Roesler.
 
Having come to Brazil in 1914 to assemble three Curtiss seaplanes bought by the Brazilian Naval Air Force, Horton settled permanently in Brazil in 1928. He had collaborated with Frederico Brotero in the development of the IPT Bichinho . Henrique Dumont Villares was a nephew of Santos-Dumont and Fritz Roesler (born in Strasbourg), had been a fighter pilot during the First World War before reaching Brazil. Roesler had founded in 1923 in a district of São Paulo, Ypiranga, a flight school, then participated with George Coubisier, Francisco Matarazzo and others, in the creation of the airline VASP.
 
Empresa Aeronáutica Ypiranga began its activities with the realization of a glider, the EAY-101, a copy of the German Stamer Lippisch Zögling, of which 6 examples were built. The second achievement of the firm was copied from the Taylor Cub. The EAY-201 was a 40 hp Salmson 9Ad radial-engine, high-wing tandem tandem school two-seater which began testing in 1935. Only 5 were built. In 1942, EAY was absorbed by Companhia Aeronáutica Paulista (CAP), EAY-201 then becoming CAP-4 Paulistinha.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.