Main Menu

Bolkow


This company was founded on May 1,1956 by Ludwig Bolkow, becoming established at Ottobrunn bei Munchen in 1958. Until January 1,1965 was known as Bolkow Entwicklungen KG. Boeing acquired a one-third interest in the business. Bolkow held a 25% interest in Entwicklungsring Sud EWR). Aircraft produced include the Bo 207 four-seat light aircraft, BO 208 C Junior (a license-built version of the Malmo MFI-9) and the BO 105 five-seat light helicopter, which featured a rigid main rotor of glassfiber-reinforced plastics. This helicopter continued in production under the designation MBB BO 105, signifying that it was then built by Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm, and most recently it became a Eurocopter product.


Messerschmitt joined with Bolkow in 1970 to form Messerschmitt-Bolkow.


The Bolkow company was absorbed into Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm which by 1990 was part of Deutsche Aerospace.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.