Canterbury (NZ) Aviation Co. Ltd
The Flying Training School at Sockburn, operated by the Canterbury Aviation Company, was formed in 1917. The company had applied to the New Zealand Government for assistance and had been refused, and it had entered into an agreement with the British Government. Training started in June with one aircraft, a Caudron II with a sixty-horsepower Anzani engine.
The Canterbury (NZ) Aviation Co imported six Caudron GIII one and two-seat trainers, built up three locally made copies - #3 #5 and #9, aand built an own design biplane in 1919.