At the initiative of the Aero-Club on 6 February 1926 a conference was held at which embraced rules in the founding of the air traffic, and all participants have become founders. The rules are sent to the Ministry of Trade and Industry, which were approved on 13 March. After this, work centered on issuing shares. However, the registration of shares went below expectations and it was clear that further work was meaningless without a contract with the state to guarantee the Company. This agreement was signed on 25 January 1927, but subscription of shares was slow. The planned and required 24,000 shares (i.e. the then six million dinars required to purchase aircraft) by the end of March 1927, there were only about 10% subscribed and paid, which was in accordance with the applicable law of joint stock companies, but threatened Aeroput to be abolished.
The decision to accelerate the registration of shares found the aeronautical engineer Tadija Sondermajer, a member of the Company, a reserve captain and pilot of Salonika Front. He suggested that along with the pilot Leonid Bajdak, they perform a staged plane flight from Paris to Bombay, and thus prove the value and ability of Serbian pilots to make the local aviation and faster registration of shares. After a short preparation, Sondermajer and Bajdak flew from Paris on 20 April 1927. Finally, after covering 14,800 kilometers, 14 stages and 11 days of travel, on 2 May 1927 landed in Belgrade. The welcome was magnificent and more than 30,000 of Belgrade citizens hail to their heroes at the airport under Bežanijska Kosa. After this achievement of Sondermajer and Bajdak, subscription of "Aeroput" shares grew over all expectations. Aeroput was established with a capital of six million dinars, collected by 412 shareholders. Packets of shares was have: Vračarska Zadruga (Vračar Cooperative), Economic Bank, Postal Savings Bank, Gateret, Serbian bank of Zagreb, American-Serbian bank in Sarajevo, Teleoptik, Velauto, Ikarus from Novi Sad, Technical Society Voks and others. A total of 412 shareholders paid the 14,000 shares at 250 dinars, or 3.5 million dinars. Aeroput with that capital started to work and on that occasion they purchased four airplanes. For the three months were enrolled over 30,000 shares, which enabled the new company to overcome the crisis. Already on 17 June 1927 was performed a promotion of the Society in the Belgrade Commercial Court and from that day the Company for Air Traffic "Aeroput" is legal entity.
The first Aeroput aircraft arrived at Belgrade's airport in early February 1928. Aeroput management bought four Potez 29/2 biplanes from the French company Potez. The choice of this type of aircraft management of Aeroput decided because the domestic factory Ikarus in Zemun produced planes under license from the same French company, the aircraft of type Potez 25, for Air Force Command and its air force units. Aeroput was important to in the immediate vicinity of airport is a factory that is capable of servicing their new aircraft. Biplane Potez 29/2 in that time had good characteristics for a passenger plane, the crew made up of two members, had five seats for passengers, range up to 500 kilometers, with a 450 hp engine, flying at a speed of 210 kilometers per hour, and the trunk is receiving load of 250 kilograms.
In the first three years, while in the fleet was the only Potez 29/2 biplanes, major aircraft maintenance for Aeroput is performed by aircraft factory Ikarus in Zemun, who have then the French licence for the Royal Yugoslav Air Force (JKRV) produced a similar plane Potez 25. Engine maintenance is performed at the factory Jasenica AD from Smederevska Palanka, which was produced under licence aircraft engines of the Lorraine brand. Early in 1931, the Aeroput buys a workshop for the repair of the aircraft from the French - Romanian company CIDNA, which was located at Zemun airport and assembly organized with the mechanics of Ikarus and the Air Force, and on that way organized its own technical aircraft maintenance service. Maintenance department was located in one of the large hangar at the civilian part of the airport, it was a modern and possessed a test stand for aero-engines. Since then, all the revisions, and airplane engines overhauling that had Aeroput was performed in they own technical service and the domestic design, the Aeroput MMS-3.
The bombing in 1941 was destroyed almost the entire property of the company. Aeroput submitted to the court for punitive damages on 31 October 1941. In 1942 year commissar administration banned Aeroput from work. German occupation authorities nationalized the property of the Aeroput in Knez Mihailova Street 32, where they moved their national airline D. H. N. - Deutsche Luft Hansa.
After the war the Aeroput renewed work on 2 July 1945, when the general meeting of shareholders elected the first post-war management of the company. Meeting was attended by delegates of the new government of Democratic Federative Yugoslavia (DFY), and with the participation of then the Head of State Ivan Ribar, who was a pre-war shareholder and board member. The work permit was a farce, since April 1947 JAT was created. Communist government adopted a decree prohibiting private joint-stock companies, pursuant solution, on 24 December 1948 the Aeroput was liquidated.