Australian Aircraft & Engineering Co (AA&E)
Australian Aircraft & Engineering Co. Ltd. was formed in 1919 by N.B. Love, W.J. Warneford and H.E. Broadsmith. The company was registered in Sydney on 1 October 1919 with capital of £50,000 with the intention of manufacturing aircraft in Australia.
The company began flying operations at Mascot, New South Wales on 9 January 1920 following the delivery of 20 Avro 504K aircraft on the ship S.S. Commonwealth.
They fitted a Sunbeam Dyak engine to the first QANTAS Airways Ltd aircraft to replace the original Gnome rotary engine.
Built six Avro 504Ks for the Royal Australian Air Force, as agent for A. V. Roe; Austin Whippet single-seat biplane (33.5 kW; 45 hp Anzani engine) & Co. Also built, to designs of H. E. Broadsmith, a six seat commercial biplane. The Broadsmith-designed Broadsmith B.1 (as AA & E Commercial B1). This aircraft was taken over by the Commonwealth Government, but lack of further support caused the firm to go into voluntary liquidation.