Main Menu

Arado Flugzeugwerke Gmbh
Arado Handelsgesellschaft mbH


Arado originated in early 1917 with the creation of Werfte Warnemiinde der Flugzeugbaus Friedrichshafen as a subsidiary of Flugzeugbau Friedrichshafen GmbH. Aircraft work ceased in 1918, but the factory was acquired in 1921 by Hugo Stinnes, and was briefly engaged in shipbuilding. In 1924 Walter Rethel (formerly with Kondor and Fokker) joined as designer, and Stinnes created a Yugoslav subsidiary named Ikarus.


Arado Handelsgesellschaft mbH was established in 1925, and the SI trainer biplane was flown that year, followed by other trainers, SD II and III fighters, and civil aircraft, notably VI of 1928 (high-wing transport) and LII light cabin monoplane. Walter Blume (formerly with Albatros) was appointed chief engineer 1932, and the name Arado Flugzeugwerke was adopted March 4, 1933.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.