Breguet G.II Gyroplane / G.III Gyroplane
Louis Breguet produced his third "Gyroplane" in 1949; the Model G.IIE. The GIIE had a streamlined fuselage and T-tail and cabin space for a pilot and four passengers. Constructed on behalf of the Societe Francaise du Gyroplane by Breguet, the prototype had an all-metal fuselage with a tall fin and small T-tailplane. It had a cabin for five people and a fixed tricycle undercarriage. The 240hp Potez 9E engine was buried in the fuselage behind the cabin, and three-bladed all-metal rotors were used.
First flew on 21 May 1949, at Villacoublay-Velizy to the south of Paris, the G.IIE was found to be underpowered and it was re-engined with a 450hp Pratt & Whitney Wasp Junior - in which form it became the G.III. Following testing in 1951 development was discontinued and F-WFKC was donated to the Musee de l'Air.