Main Menu

Murray M-1


Murray-M1

 

Built in 1954 at Salford, Manchester by Mr. John Murray, a motor mechanic from Salford, who started designing and building this single seat helicopter in 1951 in his spare time. He utilised the equipment available to him in his garage and spent three years and over £1000 building what was designated the M-1. It was ready to start testing in May 1954 powered by a JAP J-99 piston engine. In 1995 the Murray M-1 was donated to the Helicopter Museum but is missing the engine and many other original components.

 

Murray-M1-2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.