Main Menu

Hopfner HS.528
 
Hopf-HS528-01
HS.528a
 
The Hopfner HS-5/28 was a conventional, parasol-wing monoplane utility aircraft built in Austria. It had seating for two occupants in tandem, open cockpits. The landing gear was of fixed, tailskid type with divided main units.
First flying in July 1928, two examples were built with Walter NZ60 engines as HS.528 (HS.5/28)A-50 and A-60 (later received the registration number OE-DLD). The aircraft flew until 1936 in Motorfliegergruppe Wien Nr. 51.
 
Hopf-HS528-02
HS.528
 
Following were two more with the more powerful NZ85, HS.528a (HS.5/28a), one rebuilt HS.528, for the Swiss aeroclub use. The first of the aircraft (the reconstructed A-50, the on-board number CH-231) was delivered to the customer in November 1928, and the second (CH-209) - in March next year. The latter was used until 1934 in the Zurich Aviation Club.
 
One HS.528a (HS.5/28a) was later 1 rebuilt as an improved version, the HS.829.
 
HS-5/28a
Engine: 1 × Walter NZ85, 63 kW (85 hp)
Wingspan: 11.26 m (36 ft 11 in)
Wing area: 18.5 m2 (199 ft2)
Length: 7.40 m (24 ft 3 in)
Height: 2.55 m (8 ft 4 in)
Empty weight: 400 kg (880 lb)
Gross weight: 650 kg (1,430 lb)
Maximum speed: 150 km/h (96 mph)
Range: 1,200 km (750 miles)
Crew: One pilot
Capacity: 1 passenger
 
Hopf-HS528-03
 
Hopf-HS528-04
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2018 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.