Main Menu

Hopfner HS.8/29 / HS.829 
 
Hopfn-829-01
HS.8/29
 
An improved version of the two-seater training / sports Hopfner HS.528 received the designation HS.829 and was equipped with a Walter motor of 85 or 110 liters capacity.
 
The HS-8/29 was a utility aircraft built in Austria in the late 1920s. It used a modernised version of its predecessor's airframe, being a conventional, parasol-wing monoplane with seating for two occupants in tandem, open cockpits. The landing gear was of fixed, tailskid type with divided main units.
 
Hopf-HS8-01
HS.8

 

The prototype aircraft (A-72), equipped with a Walter NZ85 engine 85 hp, took off in 1929. After successful tests, a small batch of 5 aircraft equipped with a Siemens Sh 14A engine with 110 hp was produced. In 1930, another batch of 9 aircraft was ordered.
 
Hopf-829-01
 
In 1932 a version of the airplane (A-130) was released with a de Havilland Gipsy III engine with 120 hp. The only example of the aircraft, designated HS.829a (HS.832), was transferred to the Austrian flying club, where it was used until February 1935.
 
 Hopf-829-02
 
Once again, the upgraded unit received the designation HS.932.

 

Hopfner HS.829 A-83 was operated in 1930 at the Tilag Fliegerschule Flight Training School in Graz.

 

Werk.Nr 21 Registration A-49, OE-DRH, D-ODDH was delivered to Max Olbrich. After "Anschluss" it was delivered to the Depot (Zeugamt) in Erding/Bayern and used for spare parts.

 
HS.829
Engine: Siemens Sh 14a, 110 hp
Span: 11.26 m
Wing area:  18.0 sq.m
Length: 7.70 m
Height: 2.40 m 
Empty weight: 470 kg
Loaded weight:  763 kg   
Max speed: 175 km/h
Cruising speed: 155 km/h
Range: 550 km
Crew: 2

 

Hopf-829-03
HS 829

 

Hopf-829A

 
 
 


Copyright © 2018 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.